The 11th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM) ========================================================================== July 15-17, 2010, Jiuzhaigou (Jiuzhai Valley), China http://cs.scu.edu.cn/~waim2010
WAIM is a leading international conference for researchers, practitioners, developers, and users to share and exchange ideas, results, experience, techniques, and tools in connection with all aspects of Web data management. As the 11th event in the increasingly popular series, WAIM 2010 expects to attract participants from all over the world to Jiuzhaigou, a beautiful nature reserve and UNESCO World Heritage Site in China, and continues to establish WAIM as one of the major conferences on Web-based information systems.
WAIM 2010 includes but is not limited to the following research areas:
* Advanced database and Web applications * Content management * Cloud computing * Caching and replication * Data and information quality control * Data management on new hardware * Data mining and knowledge discovery * Data management for mobile and pervasive computing * Data warehousing and OLAP * Deep Web * Digital libraries * Fuzzy, Probabilistic, and Uncertain Data * Grid computing * Information extraction * Information integration and heterogeneous systems * Information retrieval * Multimedia information systems * P2P systems performance and benchmarking * Parallel and distributed database systems * Processing of noisy informal web data * Query processing and optimization * Semantic Web and ontology * Security, privacy, and trust * Sensor networks * Service-oriented computing * Spatial and temporal databases * Stream data processing * Storage and access methods * Transaction processing * Web-based collaboration * Web advertising and community analysis * Web mining * Web search and meta-search * Web service and information management * Workflow systems * XML and semi-structured data
Paper Submission ---------------- WAIM 2010 invites papers describing original contributions in all fields related to Web-age information management. All submissions should be in English. Submission of a paper should be regarded as an undertaking that, should the paper be accepted, at least one author will attend the conference to present the work.
Workshops, Panels, Tutorials, and Industry Presentations -------------------------------------------------------- In addition to regular papers, WAIM 2010 invites proposals for workshops, panels, tutorials, and industry presentations. For workshops, WAIM 2010 will provide administrative support for room booking, registration, and paper publication.
Publication ----------- The proceedings of WAIM 2010 will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecturer Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series, one volume for the main conference and one volume for the workshops. Both will be indexed by EI. A selected number of the accepted papers will be expanded and revised for possible publications in major international journals.
Important Dates --------------- Abstract due: January 22, 2010 Full paper due: January 29, 2010 Acceptance notification: March 31, 2010 Camera-ready copy: April 9, 2010 Workshop proposals due: November 1, 2009 Panel/tutorial proposals due: February 1, 2010
Organization ------------ WAIM 2010 is hosted by Sichuan University, and supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
* Conference Co-Chairs: Masaru Kitsuregawa, Univ. of Tokyo Qing Li, City Univ. of Hong Kong
* Program Committee Co-Chairs: Lei Chen, HKUST Changjie Tang, Sichuan Univ. Jun Yang, Duke Univ.
* Local Organization Co-Chairs: Aoying Zhou, East China Normal Univ. Lei Duan, Sichuan Univ.
* Workshop Co-Chairs: Jian Pei, Simon Fraser Univ. Hengtao Shen, Univ. of Queensland
* Tutorial/Panel Co-Chairs: Wenyin Liu, City Univ. of Hong Kong Jian Yang, Macquarie Univ.
* Industrial Chair: Qiming Chen, HP Labs
* Publication Chair: Yunjun Gao, Singapore Management U.
* Publicity Co-Chairs: Hua Wang, U. of Southern Queensland Shuigeng Zhou, Fudan Univ.
* Finance Co-Chairs: Howard Leung, Hong Kong Web Society Yu Chen, Sichuan Unniv.
* Registration Chair: Chuan Li, Sichuan University
* CCF DB Society Liaison: Xiaofeng Meng, Renmin Univ. of China
Program Committee ----------------- James Bailey University of Melbourne, Australia Gang Chen Zhejiang University, China Yu Chen Sichuan University, China Reynold Cheng The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong David Cheung The University of Hong Kong Dickson Chiu Dickson Computer Systems, Hong Kong Byron Choi Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong Bin Cui Peking University, China Alfredo Cuzzocrea University of Calabria, Italy Guozhu Dong Wright State University, USA Xiaoyong Du Renmin University of China, China Lei Duan Sichuan University, China Ling Feng Tsinghua University, China Johann Gamper Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy Bryon Gao Texas State University at San Marcos, USA Yong Gao Univeristy of British Columbia, Canada Jihong Guan Tongji University, China Giovanna Guerrini Universita di Genova, Italy Jimmy Huang York Univeristy, Canada Seung-won Hwang Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea Wee Hyong Microsoft Yoshiharu Ishikawa Nagoya University, Japan Yan Jia National University of Defence Technology, China Ruoming Jin Kent State University, USA Ning Jing National University of Defence Technology, China Ben Kao The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Yi Ke Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong Yong Kim Korea Education & Research Information Service, Korea Nick Koudas Univeristy of Toronto, Canada Wu Kui Victoria University, Canada Carson Leung University of Manitoba, Canada Chengkai Li University of Texas at Arlington, USA Chuan Li Sichuan University, China Feifei Li Florida State University, USA Tao Li Florida International University, USA Tianrui Li Southwest Jiaotong University, China Zhanhuai Li Northwestern Polytechnical University, China Zhoujun Li Beihang University, China Lipeow Lim University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA Xuemin Lin University of New South Wales, Australia Huan Liu Arizona State University, USA Lianfang Liu Computing Center of Guangxi, China Qizhi Liu Nanjing University, China Weiyi Liu Yunnan University, China Wenyin Liu City Univeristy of Hong Kong Eric Lo Hong Kong Polytechnic University Zongmin Ma Northeastern University, China Weiyi Meng State University of New York at Binghamton, USA Mohamed Mokbel University of Minnesota, USA Yang-Sae Moon Kangwon National University, Korea Akiyo Nadamoto Konan University, Japan Miyuki Nakano University of Tokyo, Japan Raymond Ng University of British Columbia, Canada Anne Ngu Texas State University at San Marcos, USA Tadashi Ohmori Univ. of Electro Communications, Japan Olga Papaemmanouil Brandeis University, USA Zhiyong Peng Wuhan University, China Evaggelia Pitoura University of Ioannina, Greece Tieyun Qian Wuhan University, China Shaojie Qiao Southwest Jiaotong University, China Markus Schneider University of Florida, USA Yong Tang Sun Yat-sen University, China David Taniar Monash University, Australia Maguelonne Teisseire Univ. Montpellier 2, France Anthony Tung National University of Singapore, Singapore Shunsuke Uemura Nara Sangyo University, Japan Jianyong Wang Tsinghua University, China Ke Wang Simon Fraser University, Canada Tengjiao Wang Peking University, China Wei Wang University of New South Wales, Australia Raymond Wong University of New South Wales, Australia Xintao Wu University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA Yuqing Wu Indiana University at Bloomington, USA Junyi Xie Oracle Corp., USA Li Xiong Emory University, USA Jianliang Xu Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong Jian Yang Macquaire University, Australia Xiaochun Yang Northeastern University, China Hwanjo Yu Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea Jeffrey Yu Chinese Univeristy of Hong Kong Lei Yu State University of New York at Binghamton, USA Philip Yu University of Illinois at Chicago, USA Ting Yu North Carolina State University, USA Xiaohui Yu York University, Canada Demetris Zeinalipour University of Cyprus, Cyprus Donghui Zhang Microsoft Jim Gray Systems Lab, USA Ji Zhang University of Southern Queensland, Australia Baihua Zheng Singapore Management University, Singapore Aoying Zhou East China Normal University, China Shuigeng Zhou Fudan University, China Qiang Zhu University of Michigan at Dearborn, USA Lei Zou Peking University, China